Welcome to the S-330 Task Force/Strike Team Leader pre-course work.
In this pre-course work students will utilize several reference materials to familiarize themselves with various aspects of tactical decision making and its role in the wildland fire environment.
1. Read through pre-course work materials and become familiar with their content.
2. Demonstrate experience level and subject proficiency to instructors by applying the concepts found in the pre-course materials to tactical situations.
1. Read Standard Firefighting Orders, a paper written by John Krebs encouraging a return to the original format of the Standard Firefighting Orders.
2. Read Draw D, a tactical framework for wildland fire engagement decision making.
3. Click on the link below to take the Pre-course Quiz and bring it to class or submit it as directed by your instructor or course coordinator. The quiz consists of 115 possible points. Students must achieve 70% or higher ( 81 points = passing) to be accepted into the course.
S-330 Pre-course Quiz
4. Students are required to bring a current version of the Incident Response Pocket Guide and the Fireline Handbook to the course.
Incident Response Pocket Guide, NFES 1077
Fireline Handbook PMS 410-1, NFES 0065
-Email program (Lotus Notes, Outlook, MSN, AOL, etc.)
-MS Word or MS Wordpad
-Adobe Reader (Download)