Welcome to the S-378 Aerial Supervision pre-course work.
In this pre-course work students will familiarize themselves with the Interagency Aerial Supervision Guide (IASG) as it pertains to the duties of the incident Aerial Supervisor. This pre-course work also gives the students refreshers to the basic air operations and radio operations.
1. Students will become familiar to reference material used by an Aerial Supervisor, i.e., IASG.
2. Use the Aerial Supervisor reference material to answer questions and submit to course coordinator or instructor
3. Demonstrate student proficiency to instructors by obtaining at least 70% on the pre-course test.
1. Take the pre-course test. Ensure you fill out the personal/course information accurately and completely. You will be prompted to print your results at the conclusion of this test. Make sure you have a functioning printer.
2. Access the B3 Combined Helicopter/Airplane Safety (refresher) on the Interagency Aviation Training website. This course includes modules A-101, A-105, A-106, A-108, A-113.
3. Access module A-109, Aviation Radio Use on the Interagency Aviation Training website.
4. Download and complete the S-378 Student Profile form and email to your course coordinator.
5. Print and bring the pre-course test results class with you.
Reference and Instructional Material
Interagency Aerial Supervision Guide (IASG)
Fireline Handbook PMS 410-1, NFES 0065
Incident Response Pocket Guide, NFES 1077
National Interagency Coordination Center (for access to the National Mobilization Guide and Regional Geographic Coordination Centers for their mobilization guides.)
US Forest Service Fire and Aviation
Bureau of Land Management Fire and Aviation
DOI Aviation Management Directorate (AMD)
Interagency Airspace Coordination
MS Word or MS Wordpad
Email program (Lotus Notes, Outlook, MSN, AOL, etc.)
Adobe Reader (Download)